Friday, December 6, 2013

And Now, The End Is Near & I'll Say It Clear: We'll Miss You Robinson Cano!

Hello readers! First and foremost, how was everyone's Thanksgiving? I can only imagine the love, warmth, and feeling of togetherness as you and your family gathered around the table. Let's not forget the smells of onion, garlic, cloves, sugar, etc. that permeated through the air. My mouth is watering reliving the bevy of food that coursed its way through my body. Before my hunger gets the best of me, let's get into this post.

As we close out another week, rather than the jubilance of the approaching weekend, sorrow fills my heart. I am plagued with a sadness that I thought I would never experience because I was confident that the organization in question would be at the helm and steer the passengers in the right direction. Ladies and gentlemen, I regret to inform you that Robinson Cano is no longer a New York Yankee. Robinson Cano is now a Seattle Mariner and after a hard-fought battle, he is getting his wish: 240 million dollars for 10 years. Apparently you can have it all.

I have spent the entire day trying to vocalize my feelings and every time I feel as if there is a window of opportunity to explain my emotions, I am reduced to tears. Now, let me be clear, these are not obnoxious tears but a few tears to show just how much I'll miss him. Why will I miss him? When Robinson Cano donned those pinstripes in 2005, I was quickly enamored. I vividly remember him wearing a distinct #14 at his first at-bat. While most remember #22 and more recently #24, I made it a point to mark each transition throughout his career. When I play close attention to detail, it ensures that you have me hooked and boy was I hooked on Cano.

We are all well aware about my reverence and obsession for Derek Jeter. Therefore, with Cano's emergence, it came as a shock to those around me, and myself, that I harbored the same respect and admiration for a rookie as I did my veteran captain. Dare I give the newcomer a chance? Absolutely and 9 years later, I am at peace with my decision.

As Cano prepares to say goodbye to New York, the Yankees, his teammates, and fans, I am certain that my love for him will continue as he embarks on this new journey. Robinson Cano, I wish you nothing but the best. Shine bright in Seattle, kid and remember that no matter how long and hard they "boo", you chose to be happy, you saw the life inside it all, and your career will continue to be beautiful like a diamond in the sky.

P.S., if any of my adoring readers would like to pass this on to our 2nd baseman, feel free to :)

XOXO,
Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you readers for your comments for they are truly appreciated.